If you are having a Scottish wedding, as soon as possible you should...
- Decide type of wedding and budget
- Arrange date
- Arrange wedding with clergyman
- Book Scottish wedding venue
- Arrange bridesmaids
12-9 months to go...
- Select wedding photographer
- Select videographer
- Order wedding cars
- Select band for reception
9-6 months to go...
- Select wedding gown
- Select attendants' dress
- Select men's formal wear
- Order wedding cake
- Take out wedding insurance
- Book toastmaster (if required)
- Make up a guest list
6-4 months to go...
- Order invitations and stationary
- Select a florist
- Select a scottish wedding venue decorator
- Select the honeymoon
- Select music for ceremony
- Select head-dress, shoes and accessories
- Arrange a gift registry
4-2 months to go...
- Address wedding invitations
- Buy wedding rings
- Order Bridal favours
- Select attendants' gifts
- Arrange dancing classes (if required)
- Consult beautician and hairdresser
- Shop for trousseau
2 months to go...
- Send out invitations
- Get marriage licence
- Arrange accommodation for guests
- Buy wedding gifts for each other and attendants
- Arrange final fitting for your gown
- Prepare seating plans
- Check passports
- Check items affected by your new surname
1 month to go...
- Record wedding gifts and write thank-you letters
- Check all dress wear for Bridal party
- Confirm rehearsal time
- Review seating plans and prepare place and namecards
- Arrange change of name on accounts etc...
2 weeks to go...
- Confirm all arrangements with suppliers
- Give final numbers to wedding venue
- Hold stag/hen party
1 week to go
- Pack cases and arrange their safekeeping
- Check all travel documents and arrange their safekeeping